Know you should be eating tofu but don’t know what to do with it?
Join us for cooking demos and tasters of dishes using tofu.
Tuesday 11 July 2017 [date now correct]
Central Methodist Church
Todmorden OL14 5AW
Free event! Thanks to Todmorden Town Council for funding.
Tofu Night 2015, demonstrating and tasting a variety of delicious dishes made with tofu.
Animal Aid are celebrating their 40th anniversary with the Vegan Festival of Britain, running 20 May to 10 June 2017. 3 Valley Vegans are joining in by hosting a stall on Todmorden open air market on Thursday, 1 June.
The information stall will be a celebration of veganism and will promote all things vegan. We will provide information about how and why to go vegan and where to buy and eat vegan food in the area. There will be lots of vegan recipes for people to take away and free samples of vegan food for people to try. If anyone would like to help out either by baking or creating some food samples to give away or by helping out on the stall then please contact Elizabeth on email@example.com
- 3 Valley Vegans vegan information stall
- Thursday, 1 June 2017
- Start: 9.00 am
- Finish: 3.00 pm
- Location: Todmorden outdoor market, OL14 5AJ
Contact: Elizabeth on firstname.lastname@example.org
Edit: here are some photos of the event, including the tart made by That Crusty Vegan.
A couple of years ago, 3 Valley Vegans ended a great walk at the Pace Egg Play(s) in Heptonstall. We’re going to do it again this year but this time our walk will start in Todmorden. It will take us around 3 hours to walk the 9 km (5.5 miles) route to Heptonstall and, if we arrive on time, we will be able to watch the Calder High School version of the play at 3pm and the Heptonstall Players’ version at 4pm. The walk will afford some great views and will pass some lovely places as well as working farms where animals do not live the kind of lives that vegans wish for them. The Pace Egg plays (see https://heptonstall.org/pace-egg-2/ to learn more) are a Good Friday tradition and it is great fun to be part of the large and interactive audience.
- 🕦 Time & date: Good Friday, 14th April 2017 before 11:30 am as we will leave promptly at that time.
- 🚏 Meeting place: The bus stop on the opposite side of the road to the Shell garage on Halifax Road, Todmorden (heading out of Todmorden towards Halifax, the bus stop is on the left 100m before the left turn to Hallroyd Road).
- 👞 Equipment: The walk could well cross muddy and slippery terrain and so waterproof walking boots and suitable clothing are a must. Maybe walking sticks too.
- 😬 Severity: The 9 km walk will involve climbs totalling 516m and the highest point will be 326m above sea level. (We will have started at 124m above sea level.)
- 🍞 Food: Please bring only vegan food to eat for lunch and/or during the walk. That’s the rule for 3VV walks.
- 🚌 Getting home afterwards: those returning to Todmorden can either do it on foot again following a different route on the same side of the valley (north) or take a bus.
- 📧 Booking: Please email Rob if you would like to attend: email@example.com
Hooray hooray. No chicken suffers in the Pace Egg play.
3 Valley Vegans goes to the Ruby Murray Tuesday Curry Night at The Real Junk Food Project Calderdale!
Date: Tuesday, 4 April
Place: Salem Mill, Hebden Bridge
(Salem Street, Hebden Bridge HX7 6HB)
Pay as you feel
TRJFP on Twitter
“What is The Real Junk Food Project Calderdale?”
The Real Junk Food Project Calderdale aims to reduce unnecessary food waste and the climatic impacts of this by salvaging food thrown away by supermarkets and other retailers and transforming it into nutritionally balanced meals. All meals are served on a ‘pay as you feel’ basis.
Remember that due to the nature of the operation the food may run out before the end of the evening. So please try to come on time, but we can always find a take away if needs be – it’s about the social element as much as anything else!
Spaces are very limited! If you are coming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday evening.
Supporting everyone who pledged at the 3 Valley Vegans Fair, and anyone else who wants to socialise with the group, we will be going to Nelsons wine bar in Hebden Bridge for an evening.
There will be vegan meals for sale. Please let us know if you wish to attend and wish to eat – email Elizabeth email@example.com
- Location: Nelsons wine bar, Crown Street, Hebden Bridge
- Date: Wednesday, 1 March
- Time: 7.30pm start
Supporting everyone who pledged at the 3 Valley Vegans Fair, and anyone else who wants to socialise with the group, we will be going to Saker Cafe in Todmorden for an afternoon.
- Location: Saker Cafe, 26 Burnley Road, Todmorden
- Date: Friday, 24 February (change of date!)
- Time: 2.30pm
- Facebook event page