- 250g plain flour
- 150g demerara sugar
- 150g white caster sugar
- 65g plain cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 280ml water
- 220ml sunflower oil (or other veg oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C / Gas mark 4.
- Take a large bowl and add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir them together.
- Pour in the water, oil and vanilla. Mix well until blended with no lumps.
- Pour into a 23x33cm (9×13 in) greased baking tin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.