- 275g Self Raising Flour
- 200g Caster Sugar (+ 1 tbsp for topping)
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 170ml cold water
- Juice of ½ lemon (+ ½ lemon for topping)
- Preheat oven to 200C/ 180C fan oven/ Gas Mark 6.
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and zest in a large bowl.
- Add the juice, oil and water and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and bake for 30mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Sprinkle 1tbsp caster sugar over the top of the cake.
- Pour remaining juice (½ lemon) over top.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10mins then remove.
From BBC Good Food, adapted by Kim (@adventureandcake)