- 3 cups of self-raising flour
- 2 cups of sugar (can be less)
- 2 teaspoons of Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1¾ cups soya, almond or rice milk
- 1 cup of oil (rapeseed or sunflower)
- ¼ cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla or almond extract
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl. Whisk together wet ingredients in another bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour into two 9” round cake tins, greased and lined. Cook at 175c in a Fan oven for about 28 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out almost clean. Cool on a cooling tray and then fill with jam or jam and butter (vegan marg) cream.
- If not eaten quickly best kept in a fridge.