Recipe by Sally Wilkinson of True To Your Health.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup all natural cashew butter (or peanut or almond)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup cranberries
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 170°C if fan oven) and line a 8×8 inch pan.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except cranberries and walnuts and process until batter is smooth. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Note: Batter will be thick and super delicious, so you could actually just eat it on it’s own!
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. (The batter may stick to your spatula, so I like to spray my spatula with nonstick cooking spray first.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares.
Makes 16 blondies. Store covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days (if they last that long!)