You are invited to our online Q and A panel session to ask questions about adopting or maintaining a healthy vegan lifestyle especially during COVID-19.
- Are you finding it difficult to go or stay vegan during lockdown or generally?
- Would you like to meet other new or aspiring vegans?
- Are you curious or interested in plant-based lifestyles?
- Would you like to learn about the connections between eating meat and the source of COVID-19?
- Would you like to safely practise using a new technology to engage with other members of your local community?
If any of those points apply to you, please join us for Vegan Question Time:
- Saturday, 2 May from 8pm to 9pm
- Online using Zoom Video Conferencing
- Free (using your computer or phone and internet connection)
To register and receive the meeting ID and password, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and, if you have a question to share with the panel, include it in your email.
See also the Facebook event
Update: View the live recording on Facebook
Getting started with Zoom
We will be using Zoom Video Conferencing to host this panel session. After registering, we will send you a link to use when the panel begins, and a password. You will need a computer or phone with speakers/headphones and an internet connection (Wi-Fi or wired network is best).
We recommend you prepare in advance by installing the ‘Zoom Client for Meetings’ app on your PC or Mac, or ‘ZOOM Cloud Meetings’ app for Android, or iOS or Kindle Fire. If you cannot install applications, you can use the web browser instead.
The video above explains the basics of using Zoom for the first time. Our session will also ask you to enter a password when you connect (not mentioned in the video).
- After you connect to the session, you will be invited to join with your webcam; this is optional, you do not need to share your face on video.
- When you are in the session, you will be invited to connect with computer audio; this means that you will use your computer or phone’s speakers/headphones and microphone to hear everyone. The other option is to dial into the Zoom switchboard on your telephone (we do not recommend this).
- When you connect with computer audio, your microphone will be muted. We request that everyone in the session mute their microphone unless the Chair invites them to speak. This will help us to keep order and avoid unnecessary background noise.