Following Government advice, we have to cancel this event, sadly.
Twice before, 3 Valley Vegans ended a great walk at the Pace Egg Play(s) in Heptonstall. We’re going to do it again this year and this time our walk will start in Todmorden. It will take us around 3 hours to walk the 9 km (5.5 miles) route to Heptonstall and, if we arrive on time, we will be able to watch the Calder High School version of the play at 3pm and the Heptonstall Players’ version at 4pm. The walk will afford some great views and will pass some lovely places as well as working farms where animals do not live the kind of lives that vegans wish for them. The Pace Egg plays are a Good Friday tradition and it is great fun to be part of the large and interactive audience. (Final details TBC)
Time & date: Good Friday, 10th April 2020 before 11:30 am as we will leave promptly at that time.
- 🚏 Meeting place: The bus stop on the opposite side of the road to the Shell garage on Halifax Road, Todmorden (heading out of Todmorden towards Halifax, the bus stop is on the left 100m before the left turn to Hallroyd Road).
- 👞 Equipment: The walk could well cross muddy and slippery terrain and so waterproof walking boots and suitable clothing are a must. Maybe walking sticks too.
- 😬 Severity: The 9 km walk will involve climbs totalling 516m and the highest point will be 326m above sea level. (We will have started at 124m above sea level.)
- 🍞 Food: Please bring only vegan food to eat for lunch and/or during the walk. That’s the rule for 3VV walks.
- 🚌 Getting home afterwards: those returning to Todmorden can either do it on foot again following a different route on the same side of the valley (north) or take a bus.
- 📧 Booking: Please email Rob if you would like to attend: email@example.com
Hooray hooray. No chicken suffers in the Pace Egg play.