- 9oz self-raising flour
- (2tsp baking powder, only if using plain flour instead)
- 4oz margarine
- 1/2tsp salt
- 3oz sugar
- 2 chopped, peeled and cored apples
- 2oz slivered almonds (or more to taste and extra to sprinkle)
- Soya (or similar) milk
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Rub the flour and margarine together.
- Stir in the salt, sugar, apples and almonds.
- Stir in enough milk to bind and make a moist dough.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Put in baking tin and sprinkle with sugar and almond slices.
- Bake at 180c for 45 minutes.
Recipe: Angie Winerbottom