Makes approx. 15 pieces.
- 225g (8oz) digestives, roughly crushed.
- 85g (3oz) vegetable margarine.
- 50g (2oz) golden syrup
- 50g (2oz) sultanas or raisins
- 25g (1oz) cherries, chopped
- 25g (1oz) pecan nuts, chopped
- 25g (1oz) dark chocolate chips
- 225g (8oz) dark cooking chocolate
- extra cherries and pecan nuts (optional for decoration)
- Melt the margarine and syrup together in a small saucepan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the biscuits, sultanas or raisins, cherries, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour the margarine and syrup mixture into the biscuit mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a small, greased baking tray and press down evenly into the corners. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to the boil and turn the heat to the minimum setting.
- Place a bowl on top of the pan. Break the chocolate into the bowl and stir it until melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the baking tray. Decorate with nuts or cherries if desired and put back into the fridge to re-harden.
- Remove from fridge and cut into pieces.
Recipe: Martin Shaw Cooks Veggie