For 4 Servings
- 1 20-ounce can green jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4 large tortillas
- Shredded Romaine lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Spinach leaves
- Hummus / mayo
- Toss jackfruit with onion and garlic powder. Heat vegetable broth in a large frying pan over medium heat, add jackfruit, barbecue sauce, and stir to coat.
- Cover pan, lower heat and allow to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Using two forks, shred jackfruit.
- Heat tortillas until soft.
- Lay each tortilla on cutting board, spread the tortilla with hummus / mayo, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, spinach and BBQ jackfruit.
- Wrap tortilla into a burrito shape and slice in the middle.
Recipe: Angie from 3 Valley Vegans