Sunday 26th September 2021, Carr and Craggs Moor and the Stones menhirs (standing stones). Around 8 miles / at least 5 hours including lunch stop. (Please note the change of date!)
The 3 Valley Vegans event for September 2021 and the Great Big Green Week is a walk in the hills to the southwest of Todmorden. This will be a great opportunity to explore an interesting and beautiful area whilst grabbing time for informal discussions about vegan diets and their environmental, ethical and health benefits.
The route juxtaposes renewable energy sources against coal mining in the past. It also passes through land used for animal agriculture and provides a chance to see some standing stones. In the past, the remains of a fossilised shark have been found in this area once covered in rainforest.
- Booking essential: email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to book a place and receive rendezvous instructions.
- Food & drink: out of respect for others on the walk, please only bring vegan food & drinks.
- Stops: there will be a lunch stop together with a couple of snack/drink stops. Bring your own food and drink. Ensure that you have plenty of water and energy giving snacks/fruits. There are no shops or cafes on the route.
- Ascent: 390 metres or thereabouts.
- Difficulty: moderate with a long steep climb near the start. The terrain is boggy, slippery and wet in places.
- Attire: please wear waterproof walking boots and dress appropriately for the weather. Also bring waterproof & warm clothing even if the forecast is for good weather.
- Dogs welcome: but note that there are several stiles en route and most lack a dog-pass. There are sheep and cows in some fields. Rabbits and deer have also been seen on this walk.
- Walk with us at your own risk. There will be a guide but every person joining the walk is expected to take responsibility for their own safety. There will be no formal provision of first aid support.