A number of volunteering opportunities have been made available in the upper Calder Valley, an excellent way to get hands-on experience in writing, editing and leading. 3 Valley Vegans is a local group who want to inform and support people moving towards a healthy vegan lifestyle. We produce a newsletter and website and maintain a presence on social media. We also run events such as cookery demonstrations and information stalls. These activities are coordinated and delivered by a core group of volunteers who are looking to welcome and train people in the following positions.
- Write blog posts, articles and social media updates about current issues and resolutions relating to climate change, pollution and animal welfare matters locally.
- Write about healthy eating initiatives and successes featuring a plant-based, vegan diet.
- Consider actions happening in Calderdale, or activity around the world which links to us.
- Training in WordPress and Facebook will be provided.
- Ideal for someone who is passionate and keen on expanding their interest in such matters. Previous experience of writing online is desirable.
- Oversee the writing of blog posts, articles and social media updates about current issues and resolutions relating to plant-based healthy eating, climate change, pollution and animal welfare matters locally and globally.
- Coordinate a newsletter 3-4 times a year, compile and proofread the writing of other people into our newsletter software.
- Respond to minor newsletter membership/subscription matters.
- Training in MailerLite will be provided.
- Ideal for someone who is organised and motivated with moderate confidence using computers. Previous experience of editorial work is desirable.
- Run a meeting of the core group of volunteers every 6-8 weeks, usually face-to-face but with an option of online attendance.
- Follow-up any actions noted at the meetings, check people are completing them.
- Compile an agenda of items for each meeting.
- Training in Google Docs will be provided.
- Ideal for someone who is organised and responsible. Previous experience of leadership is desirable.
Contact us today!