These chocolate brownies are mega popular at 3 Valley Veg*ns events, and everyone wants to know how to make them. They are REALLY easy!
- 250g plain flour
- 150g demerara sugar
- 150g white caster sugar
- 65g plain cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 280ml water
- 220ml sunflower oil (or other veg oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C / Gas mark 4.
- Take a large bowl and add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir them together.
- Pour in the water, oil and vanilla. Mix well until blended with no lumps.
- Pour into a 23x33cm (9×13 in) greased baking tin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- 270g plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- 300g sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300ml soya milk or other non-dairy milk
- 5 tbsp veg oil
- 1tsp bicarb
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2tsp lemon juice
Sieve and combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate jug. Whisk lightly – the milk mixture will thicken slightly when you add the lemon juice. Pour into the dry ingredients, stir lightly until well mixed (don’t over-mix). Pour into sandwich tins and bake at 175deg until golden brown.
When cool, sandwich together with good jam and vegan buttercream